Summer Solstice is Here. Kick-off the Summer with a Backyard Pool Party!
Happy Summer Solstice! On June 20, Earth’s axis tilts 23 degrees towards the sun which brings us all closer to the fiery star, resulting in the longest day and shortest night of the year. With up to 16 hours of daylight and warmth, the Summer Solstice is the perfect excuse to soak up the sun and host a laid-back gathering by the pool. Celebrate with a splash this weekend and all summer long with these tips for planning a memorable pool party:
- Do not think about skimming the pool. Check this item off your to-do list. The Solar-Breeze NX2 will have you totally covered on the day of the event. And every day thereafter.
- Put together a guest list. Invite family, friends or neighbors – anyone who deserves to relax and take a dip. Bringing different groups of people together to mingle can result in a really great time!
- Bring out the party supplies. Pool floats are a must, and there are some super unique ones online and in stores. Special décor like balloons, leis, flowers, banners, and cute drink cups and snack dishes are not necessary, but can add a personalized touch to make guests feel like they are escaping for the day.
- Serve yummy and convenient snacks. When people are swimming, serve healthy snacks that taste delicious, are easy to grab, and are not super messy. Almonds, chips, salsa, guacamole, watermelon, pineapple, cherries and grapes are all good, easy options.
- Offer refreshing drinks. It’s hot outside! Keep the thirst away with mouth-watering beverages – alcoholic or non! Are you a cocktail connoisseur? Serve up your specialty or have your guests ‘BYOB’. Infused waters and lemonades are a great go-to also (cucumber-mint, cherry-mint, orange-lemon)! Use plastic drinking cups to avoid breaking glass.
- Perfect the playlist. Which tracks will make your guests feel like pool party season has finally arrived? Pull up your favorite summertime Spotify playlists or crank the radio to your favorite station to complete the Summer Solstice vibes.
- Have a good time, yourself. Keep the party planning simple and remember that the whole point is to relax and a enjoy a dip in a crystal-clear pool.
Leave A Comment